- Is the soleus pushup the key to health? Catherine has thoughts
- Tracy’s older post about the many shapes athletes come in.
- Women Fighters of the Modern Middle Ages by Diane
- Cate and menstruation in her 50s. Her post about it almost always makes the top 10 list. This month it’s the 4th most read post.
- Marjorie’s older post on keeping fit while healing from hysterectomy.
- Pain and the human playground, a review by Sam
- Catherine’s helpful post about yoga poses she can’t do and what she does instead.
- Elan wrote about how to organize a chill, relaxed soccer team.
- How Catherine holds it togeher
- Sam’s post on aging, activity, and myths.
Tag: top ten
Top Ten August 2021 Posts, #ICYMI
Weirdly this August almost all of the most read posts come from the past. Only two of the most read posts were actually written this month.
This list of most read posts will be familiar by now. Lol.
First, it’s Cate and menstruation in her 50s. Her post about it almost always makes the top 10 list. This month it’s the most read post.
Second, it’s Sam on crotch shots and sports reporting from years ago–Crotch shots, upskirts, sports reporting, and the objectification of female athletes’ bodies.
Our third most read post was actually written this month by Nicole, her good natured look at whether swimming, biking, or running is better for you.
Fourth, Sam’s older post about safe cycling as a disability rights issue had a moment on Twitter this month.
Fifth, Marjorie’s guest post on keeping fit while healing from hysterectomy.
The next three most read posts, sixth, seventh, and eighth, were all by Catherine–ten percent happier app, biggest loser, and yoga pose alternatives.
Ninth, was Sam’s fan post for the Whatever’s Comfortable ad. I still like that post and I’m still a fan of the ad and its body comfortable vibe.
Ten, guest blogger Joy Cameron is bike packing and telling her story. Her first post is here.
Top Ten Posts in July 2021, #ICYMI
- Cate on On “cancelling” Canada Day
2. At 53 1/2 Cate was still menstruating and her post about it is always on our top ten list.
3. Catherine asks What’s wrong with “Rearranging your Post-Pandemic ‘Friendscape’
4. Styling your hair while fat advice from Catherine
5. Serena speaks up: “It’s never been easy…but I think of the next girl” Tracy’s older post
6. Catherine also hopes that The Biggest Loser won’t be renewed for another season.
7. When a Long Hike Becomes an Ultra Hike: How Fear and Strength Make Friends, writes Mina
8. Crotch shots, upskirts, sports reporting, and the objectification of female athletes’ bodies, Sam’s older post
9. All people vary in size? Really? Shocking!, Sam’s newer post
10. Structural racism in sport: the 2021 edition, writes Martha
Top ten posts in February, #icymi
1. Women’s bodies, racism, football, and being a babe after 50
Sam’s post on J.Lo and Shakira and the wonder that was their halftime show. Also some stern words about all the criticism they received and continue to receive for it.
2. Turquoise, berry, and lime, oh my
Guest blogger Chloe Wall on the limited range of non-pink colours for women’s athletic wear.
3. Harley Quinn’s Fantabulously Emancipating Egg Sandwich
Quill Kukla guest blogs about their thoughts about women, agency, and eating delicious food in the movie “Birds of Prey.”
4. US report predicts 50% obesity rate by 2030: some takeaways
Catherine gives us her analysis of the report that’s in the news and gives her views about what the real take aways ought to be.
5. Walking 10,000 steps a day won’t help you lose weight, but who would have thought that it would?
A study showed that walking lots won’t help first year university students lose weight. Walking lots did help them with stress and emotional well-being. Guess which thing got reported about? Sam was not happy but also not surprised.
6. “Motion is lotion”: why you should move when you’re sore
Cate on why moving is better when you’re hurt or injured.
7. I’m 53 and a half and I’m still menstruating: is this a good thing?
Cate’s 2018 post keeps on trucking on.
8. Burpees are bad for you? Wait? What?
Fitness trends change. Sam reports that burpees, once hot, are now not.
9. Nevertheless, she deadlifted 200lb
Cate’s 55th birthday reflections.
10. Bike seats, speed, and sexual depravity
Sam’s 2013 (!) post made it into the top ten by attracting a bunch of guys from a sub-reddit who were discussing sexual satisfaction and women who spend too much (?) time riding horses. (Their comments here prompted us deciding to turn off comments on old posts.)
Top Ten Posts in May, #ICYMI
- Women, sport and sex tests: Why Caster Semenya matters a great deal
- On vibrators as athletic trophies, or when a prize is not a prize
- Sam gets told “get off the road fat bitch”
- I’m 53 and a 1/2 and I’m still menstruating
- The Latest Weird Thing About a Stiff Neck
- Crotch shots, upskirts, sports reporting, and the objectification of female athletes’ bodies
- Harassment is not a compliment (Guest post)
- The humbling moment when you go back to lifting weights
- CrossFit and Women’s Bodies
- End Game strikes some wrong notes for size acceptance