There’s been some big stress things happening in my life the past couple months and it’s starting to drag me down. So I’ve been ramping up my self-care. I’m not sure how many things there are but here we go. (Turns out there’s 14!)
- Cardio Mondays & Wednesdays with Anthony
- Cxworx Tuesdays & Fridays with lots of work buddies
- Walking my commute
- Playing in my garden
- Getting regular massages
- Getting regular Chiropractic adjustments
- Taking my blood pressure medication
- Going to WisCon http://wiscon.net
- Acknowledging things are kind of shitty while taking time to find the good things in my day.
- Offering and getting lots of hugs.
- Celebrating successes the folks around me are enjoying
- Tabletop and PS4 gaming with my family
- Snuggles with my sweetie when I can pin him down!
My bike is ready to roll but we are getting 90mm of rain today. I’m focusing on keeping the joy in my cycling this season so no purposefully punishing rides and I’m ok with not meeting ideas of being tough or whatever.
Movement is a big part of my self-care but I need the other things too if I’m to be resilient.
I hope you aren’t going through tough times but, if you are, I’m sending you a big hug. There’s always time for that.