You know I love a short challenge so I’m back with a new one!
In March, I am going to stick with the yoga and I will be working my way up to 30 minutes of daily cardio.*
I’ve chosen to dance because while I may get frustrated by other forms of cardio and feel all fumbly, any lack of coordination I feel while dancing just makes me laugh. Laughing while exercising feels like good motivation to me. 🙂
On days that dancing isn’t feasible, I’ll take the dog for a longer walk.
Thanks to reading the 100 Day Reclaim, I have identified some of my obstacles to daily exercise and so I am setting a nice low bar for myself for this month.
- I need to make my choices in advance so I have created a YouTube playlist of 30 minute dance workouts and I will work through them in order. I haven’t arranged them in any particular way but I need to prevent dithering so I am just going to do the next one in the list.
- I will schedule each day’s workout the night before. It will always happen before 6pm but the exact timing will depend on my commitments for that day.
- The dance workouts will be my default but I can choose to be the person who walks the dog on a given day and that will count as a session.
- I will add a tracker in my notebook to note my activity, how much I enjoyed it, and whether I met the requirements for my lightning bolt on my fitbit. I’m already monitoring my blood pressure and my resting heart rate but I don’t expect any changes there in just 30 days.
- I’ll post a weekly check-in just to keep myself accountable.
- As Nia Shanks advises, when I run into a snag, I am going to go easy on myself. I’ll review this list and see what piece isn’t working and I will recalibrate accordingly.
- My storytelling heart hates to have an even numbered list so I am adding this final point to say that you are welcome to join me, if you are so inclined.
*I’m recovering from a very minor surgery. I’m working my way up to 30 minutes so I don’t overdo things.