1. Women’s bodies, racism, football, and being a babe after 50
Sam’s post on J.Lo and Shakira and the wonder that was their halftime show. Also some stern words about all the criticism they received and continue to receive for it.
2. Turquoise, berry, and lime, oh my
Guest blogger Chloe Wall on the limited range of non-pink colours for women’s athletic wear.
3. Harley Quinn’s Fantabulously Emancipating Egg Sandwich
Quill Kukla guest blogs about their thoughts about women, agency, and eating delicious food in the movie “Birds of Prey.”
4. US report predicts 50% obesity rate by 2030: some takeaways
Catherine gives us her analysis of the report that’s in the news and gives her views about what the real take aways ought to be.
5. Walking 10,000 steps a day won’t help you lose weight, but who would have thought that it would?
A study showed that walking lots won’t help first year university students lose weight. Walking lots did help them with stress and emotional well-being. Guess which thing got reported about? Sam was not happy but also not surprised.
6. “Motion is lotion”: why you should move when you’re sore
Cate on why moving is better when you’re hurt or injured.
7. I’m 53 and a half and I’m still menstruating: is this a good thing?
Cate’s 2018 post keeps on trucking on.
8. Burpees are bad for you? Wait? What?
Fitness trends change. Sam reports that burpees, once hot, are now not.
9. Nevertheless, she deadlifted 200lb
Cate’s 55th birthday reflections.
10. Bike seats, speed, and sexual depravity
Sam’s 2013 (!) post made it into the top ten by attracting a bunch of guys from a sub-reddit who were discussing sexual satisfaction and women who spend too much (?) time riding horses. (Their comments here prompted us deciding to turn off comments on old posts.)