Today we rode 113 km to Lancaster. We had a really wonderful day 5 of the bike rally. I mean yes, it was a lot of riding, after days of lots of riding. But there was an awful lot to like.
Here’s some of the highlights:
- I love the Long Sault Parkway and riding on the paved bike paths through Upper Canada Village.
- I had the best freezie of my life thanks to Tourism Cornwall who were handing them out.
- We had a terrific tailwind after lunch. Zoom. Zoom. Fun.
- Sarah and I have been getting better at riding together as the week continues and today we had fun working together and setting a reasonable pace while still having fun.
- The day ends at Dairy Queen just outside camp. I had a cherry slushie float. Yum.
- Finally despite scary clouds in the afternoon we never actually got rained on.
(I think I was surprised by how good today was. Memories of rainy day fives of years past are still sharp in my memory!)
We won’t mention that we’re staying at Camp Spider. Shhh.
That’s one of my least favorite things.
But otherwise, a pretty wonderful day of riding. Wow.
Here’s the map:
We are almost to Montreal. Just 100 km away. We’re still not quite at our 1.5 million dollar fundraising goal. You can donate here.