- I watched Brittany Runs a marathon, regretted it, wrote about it, and then Yoni Feedhoff shared it. Nearly 3000 views later, it’s the most read post of January.
4. Our guest Mary Case asks if this is what retirement is like?
5. Climber and guest Lynette Reid goes on the record as opposed to sexist route names.
“When you take up rock climbing, you don’t have that “luxury.” You have entered a subculture where adolescent male sexual humour has had free play. By convention, the “first ascensionist” of a climbing route gets to name the route, and they name it for whatever is on their mind. Sometimes the results are delightful and witty. Names emerge from days of hanging out at the cliff, working hard, shooting the breeze with friends. There’s a rich kind of free association and play that works its alchemy.”
6. Guest blogger and speedy runner Alison Conway blogs about her super Kelowna running community.
7. Cate is taking a breather from bike travel.
8. Catherine has things to say about the New York Times 7 Day Sugar Challenge.
9. Ella Connor, a new guest, writes in favour of small goals.
10. An older post from a guest, On Exercising Under Neoliberalism, by Adriel Trott.
11. What do you do if you hate exercise? The fit feminists take that question on here.
12. Guest Laura MacDonald worries about falling flat on her second day of the new year.