The blog’s top 10:
- She May Look Healthy But…Why Fitness Models Aren’t Models of Health
- Why the “Thigh Gap” Makes Me Sad
- Crotch shots, upskirts, sports reporting, and the objectification of female athletes’ bodies
- Intermittent fasting and why it might not work as well for women
- Raspberry Ketone, Pure Green Coffee Extract, Garcinia Cambogia, Weight Loss, and the Fallacy of Appealing to Authority
- The women of CrossFit
- Why Putting “Ladies” on the Locker Room Door Is a Disservice to Women
- Padded sports bras and nipple phobia
- Six Things I Love about CrossFit and Six Things I’m Not So Sure About
- “You’ve Lost Weight! You Look Great!” Isn’t a Compliment
You can read more about our year in blogging here. What’s nice about the list is that it’s evenly divided between Sam and Tracy posts. Definitely a joint project!
What’s not so nice about the list are the number of people who find is searching “raspberry ketones and weight loss” or “athletes and upskirts” or “crotch shot.”
If you’re a frequent blog reader you could have likely guessed which posts are the top ones. But it’s harder to guess which posts are the lonely ones, with few readers on their dance cards, passed over for posts with flashier, sexier titles, maybe.
Here’s our pick of the ten best under-appreciated posts from 2013, choosing from those with under a hundred readers. Enjoy!
- On Surprising Ourselves
- On being a sports parent
- Spinning out in Banff: Tracy’s First Spin Class
- “No rest for the wicked” style workouts
- Yoga Sadhana: Deepening Our Practice, Getting Quiet, and Fostering a Sense of Community
- Do age group medals count?
- Kids These Days!
- Wenches, wrenches, and tool phobia
- Families and fitness
- Swimming with a Group